Help Desk – S.A.M.R.

SAMR, Migrants and Refugees Help Desk is the National Civil Service project promoted by the Centro Italo Arabo e del Mediterraneo Sardegna, which provides the involvement of four volunteers in support activities for the vulnerable groups of the immigrant population. The National Civil Service project proposes the achievement, among others, the following objectives:

  • Accompany migrants in the tortuous process of access to administrative procedures and paperwork necessary for regular placement in the host country. The advocacy service, understood as a complex of "actions of protection and support" of migrants in the process of integration into the Sardinian society, wants to promote the sustainability of the life of a community and a territory both of migrants and of hospitality, contribute to elimination of the causes of social discomfort.
  • Limit the difficulties related to the reception of asylum seekers and facilitate access to regularization procedures, providing them with all the legal and cognitive tools.
  • To allow direct confrontation between migrants and the local population, both through a real front-office desk and through an online forum that will allow to ask questions of any kind, this tool will allow to break down cultural barriers and distrust thanks to the network filter, following the example of the success of the social forums.

The help desk must support the beneficiaries in the following activities:

  • Practices for requesting and issuing visas;
  • Practices for granting refugee status;
  • Practices for family reunification and / or mixed marriages;
  • Permanance procedures, renewal of residence permits;
  • Practices for citizenship;
  • Support in the research for a home, trying to assist migrants who find it difficult to find accommodation through proper information on how to enjoy the property;
  • Practices for accessing Italian healthcare;
  • Dissemination of information material and forms;
  • Cultural and linguistic mediation activities, aimed at simplifying relations between migrants and citizens.
Bambino Migrante Crisi


Who is it?

The volunteer guardian is a private citizen who chooses to become the legal representative of an unaccompanied foreign minor who does not have any adults as point of reference in Italy so that he can see his interests protected, develop his potential and see his health guaranteed. The tutor's functions also include the child's home and economic care of the minor.

The figure was born to give concrete assistance to the numerous unaccompanied minors arriving in the Italian territory. The goal is to promote a "social parenthood" directly involving the community. The protection ceases with the fulfilment of the age of majority.


Who is it for it?

The figure of the guardian is aimed to those minors who do not have Italian citizenship or of the European Union who are for various reasons in the territory of the Italian State and are deprived of assistance and representation from parents or other adults legally responsible for them, under the laws in force in the Italian legal system (Article 2 of Law 47/2017).


83% of unaccompanied minors are aged between 16 and 17; 92.9% are male. Most come from Gambia, Egypt, Albania, Nigeria, Guinea and Côte d'Ivoire (Ministry of Labor and Social Policies).


Which are the tutor's functions?

The functions of the tutor are varied, among which are:

  • Submit a residence permit for the minor or any request for political asylum, humanitarian protection or subsidiary protection;
  • Participate in the identification phases of the minor;
  • It must be heard in case of voluntary or assisted repatriation;
  • Request the start of procedures for family reunification and family surveys linked to it;
  • Inform the minor of his rights in case he is involved in a judicial proceeding (having the right to a defence counsel, having the right to avail himself of the right to free);
  • Request that the Dublin III Treaty be applied if there are the conditions;
  • Relationship with social workers, communities or foster families;
  • Perform contact and representation activities in the school / education area of ​​the minor;
  • Take care of the minor's enrolment in the national health system;
  • Give informed consent regarding decisions and health interventions;
  • Monitoring reception choices;
  • Request a specific program if the child in question is a victim of trafficking.



How to do it?


To become a tutor it is necessary:


  • Applying by filling in the application form addressed to the Ombudsman for Childhood and Adolescence to the email address, which can be contacted by phone for more information on 063692302,
  • Follow a training course of 24/30 hours divided into modules and organized by the regional guarantors and the provinces, which will illustrate the role of the tutor (the information on the start of the courses are notified with a notice on the site of the Guarantor Authority ).


Course structure: (;


Be included in the list established at the juvenile court judgement competent for the region of residence or domicile;


The appointment takes place at the hands of the judge who selects a voluntary guardian for each child by drawing names from the list.




  1. To aim for the creation of an organic and specific reception system by promoting and favouring family support in relation to staying in the structures;
  2. Guarantee homogeneous standards for the identification and assessment of age, using cultural mediators during interviews with minors;
  3. Protecting the interests of the minor through clearer rules governing the appointment of guardians, greater attention to family reunification, the transfer of responsibility for repatriation to the juvenile court and limiting the use of two types of residence permits (for minority and for family reasons);
  4. Guarantee the right to health and education by overcoming bureaucratic impediments and extending protection up to the age of 21 if necessary;
  5. Ensure the right to listening and legal assistance for the foreign unaccompanied minors in the administrative and judicial proceedings concerning them, even in the absence of the guardian;



Useful links:


Network of Guarantors (;

Guarantor for children Sardinia Region (;


Call for bids Sardinia volunteer guardian



Application form:





Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Mediazione linguistica e culturale


Who is it?


The mediator is a figure able to "facilitate relations between individual administrations and foreigners belonging to different ethnic, national, linguistic and religious groups".

The mediator is an intermediary and therefore it deals with problems solving related to the inability to communicate.

The mediator must be impartial, neutral and to be kept confidential the contents of your interview (

There are different types of mediators:

  • Cultural mediators: they are usually foreign citizens resident for a long time in Italy, perfectly integrated, who carry out an activity of mediation for the native ethnic group;
  • Linguistic mediators: they are professional graduates who work in schools of all levels;
  • Intercultural mediators: they are foreign citizens, long-time residents in Italy who have a specific training path;
  • Linguistic-cultural mediators: they are involved in facilitating communication between a minority ethnic group and the institutions in various fields.


REMEMBER: the mediator does not deal with resolving conflicts but with his help we can solve some misunderstandings!



Who is it for?


If you are a person from a foreign country and you need help or you are temporarily in a situation of discomfort due to different reasons, you can ask for the help of a professional figure who can answer to your needs: the mediator.

You are entitled to receive assistance from the mediator in different contexts, areas and work situations and not:

  • Healthcare area (Hospital, ASL);
  • Juridical Area (Police Headquarters, Prison Court, Court);
  • Social Area (Social Service of the Municipality, Social Service of the ASL);
  • Business Area (Employment Office);
  • School (Nursery, School).


How to do it?


To receive the help of the mediator you must go to the Immigration Office of your province or, if your province does not have it, to voluntary associations, cultural, immigrant and protection.

If you need a mediator in the health area, please contact:





Which is the law?


The rule that governs what is said is: Article 42 paragraph I, Legislative Decree 286/1997, Consolidated Law on Immigration .html http: // xsl = 1838 & s = 25 & v = 9 & c = 9611 & es = 427 .... The annual immigration plan also provides guidelines on the subject.


Useful links:


Mediator: (




Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Assistenza Sanitaria


Who is it for?


If you are not a EU citizen, you have the right to health care provided by our legal system like an Italian. You are invited to register for the National Health Service (S.S.N.)



Who has the obligation to register with the S.S.N?


  • Foreign citizens holding a residence permit who carry out regular work as employees, self-employed or registered in the employment lists;
  • Foreign citizens legally residing or those who have requested the renewal of the residence permit, for subordinate work, for work, for family reasons, for political asylum,
    request for asylum, waiting for adoption, for assignment, for acquisition of citizenship, for religious reasons; the dependent family members (regularly staying) of foreign citizens included in the above categories.


Where you need to register?


To register with the S.S.N. you must go to the ASL of the territory in which you live. In case you live in Cagliari, the ASL you can refer to is located in via Romagna 16, Hall D ( You can also refer to the General Hospital in Viale Trieste, 37 ( always equipped with:



What validity has the registration?


  • Registration is valid for the duration of the residence permit;
  • You can renew the registration by submitting the documentation that proves the request for renewal of residence permit to the ASL.


What are you entitled to?


You have the right to: a "personal health card", home visits, hospitalization, vaccinations, blood tests, radiographs, ultrasound, medicine, rehabilitative and prosthetic assistance.


If you are not registered for S.S.N


If you are regularly resident and do not belong to those who are necessarily enrolled in the S.S.N., you are given two options:


REMEMBER: Registration is not possible if you hold a residence permit for treatment reasons. (Http:// In this case the health services are guaranteed upon payment to the ASL of the rates set by law, which may change a second in the region in which you are. (Http://


A - You can take the registration if:


  • You have a residence permit of more than three months (with the exception if you have a study permit);
  • You are registered, together with your family members, in the lists of the assistants of the ASL of residence, in cases of initial enrollment, of domicile indicated on your residence permit;
  • You do not have sufficient financial resources: you will still be guaranteed the outpatient services, urgent or essential hospitals, for illness or accident and preventive medicine programs (vaccinations), in accredited public or private health centers.

B - Assure yourself against the risk of illness, accident and maternity with the stipulation of an insurance policy with an Italian or foreign insurance institution, valid in Italy.


REMEMBER: you are entitled to receive medical treatment even if you do not have the necessary financial resources!


Who does not have a residence permit?


If you are not in compliance with the rules on entry and stay do not worry, you are still entitled to urgent care in public or private structures.


What do you need?


A card, called S.T.P. (Temporarily Present Foreigner), issued by any ASL, valid for six months but renewable. (To obtain it you must declare: your personal details and not to possess sufficient financial resources). With the weaver you are entitled to: basic health care, hospitalization and urgent care.

REMEMBER: Access to health facilities can not lead to any kind of reporting to public authorities.



Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Servizi abitativi


Who is it for?


If you are a non-EU citizen who has the status of subsidiary protection or refugee protection, you can take part in calls for bids for the allocation of public housing, as an Italian citizen.


What is it?


Italian law guarantees that you can have a home even if you are in a difficult economic situation. Even Italian citizens who do not own their own home can take advantage of Public Housing.



What is Public Housing?


It is a set of housing of State owned that is given to those in need, for free or with the payment of a reduced rent.



How to do it?


To obtain accommodation you must submit the application following the indications of the public award call bids.


The Office for Public Housing (Houses Office Planning) of the municipality in which you reside is competent in this area.


E.R.P Office Municipality of Cagliari:







To be entitled for accommodation you must:


  • To be the holder of a residence permit at least two years or to hold an EU residence permit;
  • Being registered for employments;
  • Being a employed person;
  • Being an Autonomous worker (for being you need a valid residence permit and open the VAT number).



Remember: the State must guarantee the most favorable treatment based on its possibilities and your needs!

For asylum seekers, temporary accommodation is provided during the period which applications for international protection are examined.

If you are an asylum seeker and do not have the financial resources to support you and your family, you can be hosted in facilities such as CARA, SPRAR and CPSA



Which is the reference rule ?


The Rule that governs what has been said:


  • Art. 40 c. 6 of the TU on Immigration;
  • Article 21 of the Convention on the Status of Refugees (Geneva, 1951);
  • Article 24 of Directive 2004/38 / EC;
  • Article 29, paragraph 3, of Legislative Decree 251/2007;
  • Regional Law of 6 April 1989, n. 13.



Useful links:


  • Art. 40 c. 6 of the TU on Immigration;
  • Article 21 of the Convention on the Status of Refugees (Geneva, 1951);
  • Article 24 of Directive 2004/38 / EC;
  • Article 29, paragraph 3, of Legislative Decree 251/2007;
  • Regional Law of 6 April 1989, n. 13;
  • Public Housing Municipality Cagliari



Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request


Citizenship is a right


The concession of the citizenship after 10 years of residence in Italy is not a right and it is evaluated not according your own interest to obtein it but according to what is the interest of the State as well as the national community to welcome you as a new citizen.


It is different the case of those who apply for Italian citizenship by marriage with an Italian citizen. In this case it is a real right, conditioned only by the existence of circumstances that make it possible to state the danger to the security of the State or to the public order of the applicant ( -dell-Inside-the-7.html # .Wk3369_ibIU)



In which cases are you entitled to obtain the Italian citizenship?


  • Birth if you are the son of at least one Italian citizen, if you were born in Italy from unknown parents, or stateless, or foreigners interested in anyone;
  • Recognition or judicial declaration of filiation for recognition of paternity or maternity or judicial follow-up of filiation during your minor age;
  • The foreign minor adopted by an Italian citizen becomes an Italian citizen;
  • Voluntary purchase If you are descendant of an Italian citizen, at the same level, during the legal control, you will assume the right to acquire Italian citizenship; also abroad, and declaring to want to acquire Italian citizenship (;
  • Marriage After two years of cohabitation and legal residence in Italy, following the marriage. The years of waiting have decreased to one in the presence of children born or adopted by the spouses.


When can you request it?


If you have married an Italian citizen and have lived in Italy for at least two years following the wedding. Times are reduced by half in the presence of children, including adoptive ones. In this case the acquisition of Italian citizenship is a real subjective right. The marriage must be kept at the moment of recognition of citizenship, otherwise the application will be rejected. (


The necessary documentation and submission of the application


Starting from 18 June 2015, the electronic submission is the only way to formulate the application: it is therefore no longer possible to send an application paper based. For general information on how to submitt the application and the documents to be attached to it, consult the website of the Ministry of the Interior ( -DIRITTI-Civilians / citizenship / citizenship-send-your-question).

To access the telematic forwarding service from the Ministry of the Interior, Department for Civil Liberties and Immigration, for the compilation and submission of the application for citizenship, connect instead to https: //nullaostalavoro.dlci.interno. it / Ministry / index2.jsp.

The mandatory documents are:


  • Extract of the birth certificate, translated and legalized, complete with all the details;
  • Criminal certificate of your country of origin, duly reported and legalized;
  • Residence permit;
  • Receipt of payment of the contribution of € 200.00, at the Italian Post Office to the Account Current account 809020 payable to "Ministry of the Interior DLCI - Citizenship";
  • Possible certificate of recognition of refugee status or stateless status;
  • Copy of the complete act of marriage issued by the Italian municipality to which it was transcribed.


The following documents may be self-certified:


Download here the form for self-certification


  • Historical certificate of residence, attested legal residence for at least years in Italy after marriage or death;
  • Date of first entry in Italy;
  • Naturalization data if you are not an Italian citizen from birth (important because the data are calculated in 2 years, necessary to submit the application);
  • Family status attesting to the presence of children born or adopted.


Procedure and timing:


The expected time is 730 days from the submission of the application, after which you have 6 months to take an oath at the municipality of residence.


By naturalization (residence):  If you legally resided in Italy for 10 years.


Citizenship by residence: It is possible to consult the state of your application through the website.


Who can request it:


If you have been living in Italy regularly for at least 10 years, you can apply for Italian citizenship. It is therefore a discretionary provision and there is no automatic obligation to grant it once the existence of the requisite requirements has been assessed, but there is simply the obligation to evaluate the opportunity, in the interest of the Italian community, to grant it or less.


How to request the necessary documentation?


Starting from 18 June 2015 the Ministry of the Interior has ordered the electronic submission of the application for citizenship, which is the only way to formalize this request: it is therefore no longer possible to submit the application on paper models.


For general information on how to forward the application and the documents to be attached to it, consult the following page of the website of the Ministry of the Interior ( other-civil-rights / citizenship / nationality-send-your-question).


To directly access the telematic forwarding service provided by the Ministry of the Interior, Department for Civil Liberties and Immigration, for the compilation and submission of the application for citizenship, linked instead to (https: //nullaostalavoro.dlci.interno .com / Ministry / index2.jsp).


The documentation to be attached to the application:


  • Extract of the birth certificate, complete with all the details. This document does not expire (for women who have acquired the surname of the husband as a result of marriage, it is necessary that the birth certificate contains both the maiden name and the married one: otherwise, it is also necessary to attach the marriage certificate) and legalized by the diplomatic or consular representation of the country of origin;
  • Receipt of payment of the contribution of € 200.00, at the Italian Post Office to the current account number 809020 payable to "Ministry of the Interior DLCI - Citizenship";
  • Criminal certificate of the country of origin (and of any third countries of residence). This certificate expires after six months from the date of legalization. It is NOT necessary if you have already been legally resident in Italy before the age of 14) translated and legalized by the diplomatic or consular representation of the country of origin;
  • Residence permit, certificate of recognition of refugee status or stateless person, possible certificate of registration if you are a Community citizen.


The following documents can be self-certified


Download the form for self-certification


  • Family status attesting the composition of the family;
  • Date of first entry in Italy;
  • Certificate of residence of all the municipalities in which you have been a resident;
  • Income received in the last three years and regularly declared for tax purposes (CUD, UNICO, 730). Income can be referred to the entire family unit and will be re-evaluated at the moment of completion of the process;
  • Stamp duty from 16.00 euros.



Legalization of documents


The documents must be translated into Italian by one of the following authorities:


  • Italian diplomatic or consular authority present in your State of origin;
  • Diplomatic or consular authority of your country of origin present in Italy;
  • Official translator of the competent Court which certifies compliance with the original text with the required formalities;
  • If born in Italian territory from foreign parents legally and continuously residing from birth until reaching the age of majority. If you have legally resided legally up to 18 years in Italy you can declare whether or not you want to acquire Italian citizenship within a year of reaching the age of majority. This, however, does not prejudice the maintenance of the citizenship of the country of origin unless the law of this prohibits it.


Where to submit the application?


The application must be submitted to the Civil Status Office of the Municipality of residence.




The truthfulness of the documents in order to compose the application must be made by the offices of the municipality. The necessary documents are:


  • Valid identity document;
  • Residence permit, in case of interruption periods in the residence permit, you will be able to present the documentation that certifies the presence in Italy (school, medical and other certification);
  • Complete copy of the birth certificate;
  • Historical certificate of residence (in case of late registration with an Italian municipality it is necessary to present documentation proving that they stay in Italy in the period prior to the regularization of the registry (eg vaccination certificates, medical certificates);
  • Receipt of payment of the contribution of € 200.00, at the Italian Post Office to the current account number 809020 payable to "Ministry of the Interior DLCI - Citizenship".





The legislation provides for a maximum waiting period of 760 days, or 2 years.


  • To receive help in completing the application for the request for Italian citizenship you can contact a patron, CAF or union nearest you.


REMEMBER: The Italian Citizenship Act allows the possession of a double and even triple citizenship, according to the general principle of international law called.


Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Permesso di soggiorno


What is a residency permit?


The residence permit is the document that authorizes your presence on the Italian territory and documents its regularity. Must report the same motivation specified in the entry visa.


You must request it if:

  • You come from an extra-European country;
  • You do not have a nationality.


When do you request it?


The Law n. 161 of 2014, has established that you are obliged to declare your presence to the police commissioner within the term of 8 working days from your entry into the territory of the State.



How do you request it?


To obtain the residence permit, it is necessary to present:


  • The request form;
  • A valid passport with the relevant entry visa, if applicable;
  • A photocopy of the passport;
  • Four passport-sized photos, identical and recent;
  • A revenue stamp of € 16.00;
  • The necessary documentation for the type of residence permit requested;
  • The payment of a contribution between € 80 and € 200. ( )


Where is it required and renewed?


Police headquarters:


To request the issue or renewal of the residence permit you can apply to the Immigration Office of the Police Headquarters of the city where you are, where they will give you a copy of the request with the date on it and the indication of the day on which you can withdraw the permit.

The receipt of the application is, until the delivery of the residence permit, the only document attesting the regularity of the stay in Italy of the foreigner.


Post offices:


You will have to pick up the free yellow kit and fill it out carefully following the instructions attached to it. In addition to the completed application, the following documentation must be presented:

  • Valid passport , for identification purposes;
  • Receipt of the postal bulletin relating to the payment of the amount of € 27.50 provided for the printing of the electronic residence permit;
  • Photocopy in A4 format of the identification document;
  • Photocopy in A4 format of all the further documentation required by the instructions. (Http:// )

The kit must be delivered in an open envelope at the post offices. After delivery of the required documentation, you will be issued with a letter containing the date, time and place established for the appointment at Questura.


How much ?


The costs for issuing the residence permit are:

  • € 16.00 stamp duty;
  • 30 euros to the post office operator at the time of sending the registered letter;
  • € 30.46 for the cost of the electronic permit if a residence permit is required for more than 90 days;
  • Payment of a grant, the amount of which is set between a minimum of 80 and a maximum of 200 euros.


This contribution must not be paid in the following cases:

  • Foreigners regularly present on the national territory under the age of 18;
  • Minor children who enter for family reunification;
  • Foreigners who enter Italy for medical treatment and their carers;
  • Asylum application.


Duration of the residence permit

the residence permit not issued for work reasons has a duration as reported on the entry visa.

Those already in Italy and with an expiring residence permit must apply for renewal to the Police Commissioner of the province where he lives, at least 60 days before the deadline.

The residence permit can not be renewed or extended when it appears that the foreigner has interrupted his stay in Italy for a continuous period of more than six months. 


Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Ricongiungimento familiare


Who is it for?

If you are a non-EU citizen legally residing in the territory of the State, or you have an EC residence permit or another permit lasting no less than one year, you can request family reunification.

Valid permissions for the purpose of forwarding the application:


  • Residence permit for subordinate work or self-employment with a duration of not less than one year;
  • Permit for political asylum;
  • Permit for subsidiary protection;
  • Permission for study or religious reasons;
  • Permit for family reasons;
  • EC residence permit for long-term residents;
  • Permit for waiting for citizenship.


What is it?

Family reunification allows you to find the lost family unit as a result of your move to another country.

Remember: asking for family reunification is your right and, specifically, the Right to Family Unity exists to protect you and allow you to apply for reunification.


Who is the Family?


By family we mean:

  • Your husband or wife (not legally separated, aged under 18, and not married to another regularly staying);
  • Your partner (if for the State in which you live the civil unions on a legal level are equal to marriage);
  • Underage children (if you are dealing with them and if they are not married or economically independent);
  • Adult children, if they cannot stay alone or have a 100% disability;
  • Parents over sixty-five if the other children for serious and documented reasons cannot keep them;
  • Your father, your mother, your guardian or the direct ascendants of first degree, if you are an unaccompanied minor.


It is necessary to certify the relationship of kinship.

If the family with whom one wants to re-join has presented the certification at homeland, it must be translated, legalized and validated by the Italian consular authority of the country of origin or belonging of the foreigner.

NB: If there are any doubts about the authenticity of the family relationship, investigations may be required (DNA test to be performed by the interested party unless it is a holder of subsidiary protection status).


  • Family status certificate: in case of reunification with the spouse in order to prove that there is no other spouse;
  • Marriage certificate of the parent: in case of reunification with the latter to verify its existence in the national territory and the fact that it does not have another spouse.


How to do it?

To get family reunification you must contact:


Single Desk for Immigration (of the Prefecture of the place where you reside) verify that you have the requirements for the permit (income, accommodation, residence permit);

Consular representation verifies that you are eligible for entry visa (kinship and other requirements).


To request security clearance, you must forward the application electronically on the Ministry of the Interior website.

It is essential that you have the security clearance, without which you cannot get a visa for family reunification (

If you need help to fill out the application you can contact the INAC, National Institute for Citizens Assistance (, which also provides assistance for the compilation of renewal, issue, update and conversion of the residence permit. The Cagliari office is in Via Libeccio 31, 09126 and it is possible to contact via e-mail "" and numbers 070 373733- 070 372628.


You need the following documents:

  • Copy of the residence permit (you can apply even if you have only the receipt for renewal of your permit);
  • Revenue stamp of € 16.00, whose number must be entered in the information form when filling out the application. The original copy of the stamp must be brought to the office (Sportello Unico);
  • Passport of the applicant;
  • Copy of the passport of the relatives to be reunited.

What you need to know:


From 17 August 2017 the documentation relating to income and accommodation must be sent electronically (

The documentation certifying the requirements must be presented at the Immigration Desk.

On the link belowyou can find some useful info:



Income must derive from licit sources, must not be less than the annual amount of the social allowance increased by half for each family member to be reunited. In the calculation of income, also cohabiting family members are included, if they can adequately document it.

If you reunite two or more children, under 14, the minimum income required for 2016 was € 11,650, for each other reunited (children, spouses or parents) to the amount € 11,650 you must add € 2,912.50 for each person more.

  • : holders of refugee status and subsidiary protection do not have to prove that this requirement exists.

Applicant → € 5.825 per year;

No. 1 family member to be reunited → € 8.737.50;

No. 2 family member to be reunited → € 11.650;

N ° 3 family to be reunited → € 14.562,50;

No. 4 family member to be reunited → € 17,475;

No. 5 family member to be reunited → € 20,387.50;

No. 6 family member to be reunited → € 23,300.


For further information, you can look at the ruling of the European Court of Justice on March 4, 2010.


If the family member to be rejoined is over sixty-five, it is necessary to take out a health insurance that does not expire and covers the risks of accident, maternity and illness. Given that the legislation in question is being defined, it is sufficient to submit a declaration of commitment to sign a policy, which will then be signed within 8 days of entry and before submission to the Immigration Desk.


  • : insurers are very reticent to enter into such policies.


The accommodation must comply with the requirements of housing suitability and sanitary criteria. The offices of the municipality where you live are responsible for issuing these certifications.


Useful documents:

  • Copy of the lease contract, the loan contract or the deed of ownership of the accommodation;
  • Housing suitability and hygienic-sanitary certification issued by the Municipality;
  • Authenticated declaration of the accommodation holder confirming the consent to reunification (if the applicant is hosted);
  • Consent of the owner of the accommodation in which the reunited family member will live (in the case of reunification with a minor under 14).



Clearance security:


Once the request has been sent electronically, the system sends an acknowledgment of receipt with date and time. The system then calls the applicant, by written notice, for the double-copy delivery of the documentation certifying the requirements. If everything is in order, the applicant will receive a marked copy of the application, from that day, the deadline for issuing the permit will run.

The one-stop shop issues the authorization within 180 days (6 months) from sending your application.

In case of denial of the authorization, the Ordinary Court of the place of residence can be appealed.


The issuing of the visa instead takes place within 30 days following the presentation of the documents that prove the relationship of kinship at the Italian Consulate in the country of residence, provided that the authenticity of the declarations is ascertained.


Arrival in Italy:


Within 48 hours from the entry in Italy of the authorized family member, the host family must present the declaration of manufactured sale and keep a copy.


Within 8 days it is necessary to notify the arrival of the family member at the one-stop shop. Then you will receive a call to collect the necessary documentation to request a residence permit for family reasons (http: // ....) or a long-term EU residence permit.


Which is the rule?


Articles 28 and 29 Legislative Decree n. 286/98 and article 6 of the President of the Republic decree n. 394/99.


Useful links:


  • Ministry of the Interior:


Model S1:

Model S2:

Model S3:

Model S4:




Manual-User Telematic submission of the application:


Police Headquarters:


Immigration Desk:


Legal requirements


If you are a non-EU citizen and you intend to contract marriage in Italy you must know that you can only get married if you are legally staying in Italy. The document attesting the regularity of your stay is the residence permit.

You must be 18 years old or 16 years old and in that case you must have a special authorization by a derogation from Article 84 of the Civil Code (following a check on the physical maturity of minors, the justification of the reasons or the seriousness of the reasons).

To obtain authorization, it is necessary to go with the parents to the social services of the territory of residence and to undergo a psychological and social investigation and fill out an application to be sent to the Juvenile Court.


Necessary documentation:


  • Birth certificate;
  • Free status certificate;
  • Application for authorization to the marriage;
  • Possible pregnancy certificate;
  • Receipt of payments for judicial documents.
  • For the application to the Court the payment for the unified contribution is required for court documents (as provided for by Presidential Decree 126/2001). The forms and the bulletins, for the payments for the unified contribution for court documents, can be found at the Social Services.



The recognition of natural filiation (which includes a series of rights and duties) can take place even at the age of 16, even if the minor does not contract marriage, the art. 250 of the Civil Code in fact protects natural children in the event that parents, minors, cannot marry.


What is the rule?

  • Article 116 of the Civil Code, which has however undergone a restrictive amendment (so-called Security Package 15 July 2009 n.94);
  • Article 84 of the Civil Code;
  • Article 250 of the Civil Code;
  • Presidential Decree 126/2001;
  • Also important are articles 20,27,28 of the law of May 31, 1995 n.218;
  • Article 66 of Presidential Decree of 3 November 2000 n.396.


Where is it?


The wedding must be celebrated in the Municipality upon reservation.

To get information:

Civil Status Office - Wedding Office - Cagliari - Piazza Alcide De Gasperi 2, floor 2,

Civil Status Office Municipality of Pirri - Via Riva Villasanta 35.


How to do it?


Useful information on the Municipality of Cagliari can be found at this link:


The publications attest that the marriage can be carried out without problems and are posted on the Praetorian register of the municipality, where they remain exposed for 8 days. The marriage can be celebrated after 3 days from the expiry of the publications and within 180 days.

For foreign and EU citizens who are not domiciled or resident, no publications are made; therefore the marriage can be immediately celebrated.

  • Request a security clearance from your country (issued by the competent authority);

The security clearance is a document that you must obtain and that attests that the marriage can take place without any problem.

The security clearance must indicate: the generality of the future spouse, the free status, the citizenship and the residence. If the authorization does not contain data relating to birth, paternity and maternity, the birth certificate must also be translated and legalized with the indication of the parents' personal details.


Following the Geneva Convention (July 28, 1951) political refugees and stateless persons must not present a permit but a certificate attesting to their condition.

  • Translate and legalize the  security clearance

Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Status rifugiato


Who is a refugee?

A person who is afraid of being persecuted in his country of origin and exceeds international protection.

The request for international protection can be made by anyone who has suffered or is afraid of being subjected to violence, persecution, threats and, in general, violations of his/her fundamental rights in his/her country of origin for ethnicity, religion, nationality reasons, belonging to a social group (based, for example on gender, gender, sexual orientation, family, culture, education, profession), political opinion, if your country is involved in an international armed conflict or in an internal armed conflict and / or if in case of return to your country you risk being convicted, killed / tortured or subjected to inhuman or degrading treatment, your freedom and your dignity are violated

Before being recognized as a refugee, in the phase of submission and evaluation of the request we speak of asylum seeker.

Remember: Poverty and/or merely economic reasons such as the desire to look for a job in Italy are not considered compelling reasons to seek international protection.


What is the rule that deals with it?

 Article 1 of the 1951 Geneva Convention.

The New York Protocol of January 31, 1967 (made enforceable in Italy by Law dated February 14, 1970, No. 95).


What is a persecution?

  • Threats to life;
  • Torture;
  • Deprivation of liberty;
  • Violations of human rights.

Remember: You can be recognized as a refugee even if you have reasons to fear that, in the event of repatriation, you would be exposed to a serious risk of persecution.


How to do?

You can always apply at any time even if you are a foreigner who has entered Italy irregularly and you have no documents.

The request is made:


  • By manifesting your will or by saying or writing into a language understood by you the in any language you know a statement containing your request for international protection, explaining in brief why you are in danger.


You will need:

  • Motivate in the application the circumstances of persecution or serious damage;
  • Submit the application to the Border Police or the Police Headquarters (Police Headquarters makes a document certifying the request and the date of the appointment for the minutes).


Remember: There are no time limits for filling in the application and no one can prevent you from making the request!


Furthermore, you have to:

  • Formalize the application with the C3 model ( (according to the law the C3 should be done within a week from the day in which you present at the police station in reality the times of waiting are much longer, even 3-4 months);
  • Obtaining a temporary residence permit as an applicant for asylum (which lasts 6 months and which gives the possibility to work already after 60 days);
  • Do the interview (hearing) at the Territorial Commission, which decides whether you will be considered a refugee, holder of subsidiary protection, if you will be granted humanitarian protection or if you receive the refusal (if you receive the refusal you have 30 days to appeal).


The period before meeting the commission is undefined. It usually takes from 6 to 12 months and it depends on the commission and on the number of asylum seekers awaiting.

Remember: From the moment you have a permit following the request for international protection you are obliged to remain in Italy until your request is examined. The request for international protection is individual (and it also applies to minor children in Italy).


Which are your rights?

  • Stay in Italy until your request is evaluated;
  • Being welcomed in a centre for asylum seekers;
  • Having a socio-cultural mediator to inquire about your situation;
  • Contact the UNHCR and the various NGOs;
  • Receive the fiscal code with which you can enroll in the National Health System to have access to treatment;
  • Being able to study;
  • Have access to Inps services;
  • To be entitled to the travel document (document equivalent to the passport);
  • Being able to work (as a self-employed or employee) or have access to public employment.


You cannot benefit from refugee status if:

  • You have committed a crime against peace, a war crime or a crime against humanity;
  • You have committed a serious crime of any kind outside the host country and before being admitted as a refugee;
  • You have been convicted of crimes contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations;
  • If you are considered able to endanger state security and the order of the state your application will not be recognized, but it will still need to be examined.


Termination status:


The termination clauses are exceptions to the general rule and, like the exclusion clauses, must therefore be interpreted restrictively. Therefore, their application requires complex and accurate assessments of the individual case, with particular attention to the personal situation of the interested party.


Refugee status is maintained until the person is in one of the six cases of termination of the status provided for in Article 1, Section C, paragraphs 1 to 6 of the Geneva Convention:

  • If you have again and voluntarily benefited from the protection of the country of which you are a citizen;
  • If you, having lost your citizenship, reacquire it voluntarily;
  • If you have acquired a new citizenship and enjoy the protection of the country of which you have acquired citizenship;
  • If you voluntarily returned to settle in the country you had left or out of which you lived for fear of being persecuted;
  • If you, having failed the circumstances following which you were recognized as a refugee, you can not continue to refuse to avail the protection of the country of which you have citizenship;
  • If, as the circumstances under which you were granted refugee status have ceased to exist, you are able to return to the country where you were habitually resident.


The hypothesis of termination of refugee status are also governed by art. 9 Legislative Decree 251/07 and subsequent amendments, implementing Directive 83/2004 / EC and subsequent additions.



The examination of the application should take place within 30 days of the request and the decision should be taken within three days. In the event that the application is clearly founded, or if the application is submitted by a person who is among the vulnerable categories, or by a retained applicant, the application is examined as a matter of priority.


If you receive the refusal, you have 30 days to appeal, by contacting a lawyer. In the case of an accelerated procedure, for obvious groundlessness, you will only have 15 days, provided that the refusal has been notified by the Police Headquarters. The new decree of February 2017 has made the appeal procedure more difficult by eliminating a degree of judgment and therefore the possibility of appealing against the first refusal of the Court, it will be possible only to appeal to the Supreme Court.


The residence permit for subsidiary protection has a duration of 5 years and is also renewable. It is granted to those who cannot demonstrate personal persecution but have a well-founded fear of being victims of their return home.

The permit for humanitarian reasons has a duration ranging from 6 months to 2 years and is renewable until the situation that motivated its release continues.

Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request
Richiesta e rilascio visti


Who is it for?

If you come from one of the countries that integrate the Schengen Acquis (*)   
to legally enter in Italy, you are obliged to hold a visa, in addition to the other requirements.

(Http:// If you are interested in staying in Italy you can search for a visa based on:

  • Country of residence;
  • Reasons for the visit;
  • Duration of stay.

Attention: the visa is not necessarily issued to you, it is a discretion of the authorities!

How to do?

In case of need, in Sardinia there are offices (for example CGIL),  but there are not office that can issue the actual visa. The visa can be issued by the Italian embassy or by the Italian consular offices of your country of origin, where:

  • You must submit your application in writing, on the appropriate form in a single copy, filled out in its entirety, signed by you and do not forget to attach a photo. Security outside the United States is subject to the fact that the rule of law is that it will be issued by the Italian representation territorially competent for your place of residence;    
  • Contact the diplomatic-consular representation of your country of origin (Click here to find the embassy or consulate of reference to communicate the reasons for your stay.

Reference internet link:

(Examples: title deeds of assets, if possessed, bank statements, credit cards, travelers checks, office checks for self-employed workers, presenting a pension certificate, if retired and, if the applicant does not do any work it will be necessary to demonstrate the existence of other sources of income).

What is par for the course?

1 March 2000. (

What does it say about it?


  • You must demonstrate the availability of financial resources;
  • You must then indicate the existence of suitable accommodation in Italy;
  • You must keep a sum for repatriation



Short term visas: (up to 90 days)


Long Duration Visas: (91 to 365 days)

  • Visa for study / training reasons, it is a definite time according to the art.39, Legislative Decree n.286 / 98 and succ. mod., T.U. Immigration and art.46, Implementing Regulation to the Consolidated Text on Immigration, to the foreigner who intends to follow university courses, training internships, cultural activities and advanced research ( asp? id_contentuto = 1358 & id_categoria = 86);
  • Visa for family reunification The visa is issued to the categories of family members:
  1. Spouse not legally separated;
  2. Minor children, even of the spouse or born out of marriage, unmarried or legally separated, a condition that the other parent, if it exists, has given its consent. Children under the age of 18 are considered minor. Minors adopted or entrusted or protected shall be treated as children (Art.29, paragraph 2, T.U.);
  3. Dependent parents, if it does not concern other children in the country of origin or provenance or parents over sixty-five, if the other children are unable to support them for documents, serious health reasons;
  4. Adult dependent children, who because of their state of health that involves total disability, can not remain. A special case is that of the natural parent who is reunited with a minor son legally residing in Italy. The natural parent is issued an entry visa for this reason, unless it is a person expelled or who must be expelled or who is reported as dangerous ( 1353 & id_categoria = 86);

(*) The countries that fully apply the Acquis Schengen are: Italy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Hungary.

Per ulteriori informazioni usa il form qui sotto:

Info Request